February 25, 2010

Fast Food

   Holy Freakin Cow Man!!! So I work nights, and in the past 2 years it has wreaked havoc on my waistline. I eat dinner at 6pm and stay up till around 2am. That's a long time to go with out food I tell you what! By the time I get home I am starving (ok not starving, but a bit munchy) And I live in close proximity to Wendy's and Arby's...two of my fav places to eat!! So naturally I swing by and get a value burger/fry to tide me over till beddy bye time.
  I have in the past little while become poor. (bills are becoming more and more evil by the minute. I am accepting donations :) Anyhoo..so to save on money I haven't gone out to eat for nearly 2 weeks. Which if you know me at all, that is amazing!! Come on folks it's alot easier to cook for one that way. So I've been brown baggin it. PB&J's have been a staple dinner item. I love them so it's ok. Not only am I saving money by doing this, but I have lost 6 lbs!!! I could get used to this! (I've also cut out soda. I love soda, oh how I love me a good Dr. Pepper "sigh"....but I was drinking WAY too much.) hopefully this gives me the motivation to do better in all areas of my life. Money and Health wise.

2 comments:

Melanie Fiuza said...

First of all...loose the polka dots! I'm all cross eyed now. Second of all congratulations. But I'll bring you two things of Dr. P because we won't drink it here!

raveninthewolfden said...

I've heard that just by cutting soda out of your diet you could lose on an average of 15 lbs a year. I wouldn't know, I haven't drank soda for about 3 years now. Okay wait, I have snuck in sip of my kids' root beer from here to there.. but thats beside the point, right!

way to go on the 6lbs, its always good to know just by one simple thing, you have lost weight, and to top it off, NO EXERCISING! (unless your doing that too, then thats great.. me.. im not a big fan of exercising. HA!)
have a good day.