May 10, 2010

I can do that!

It is 10:30 and I'm home!! I started a new shift at my job. I no longer belong to the night crew :( Believe it or not, I'm actually a little sad about it. Though I am the one that asked to be moved. It was time for a change.(this change may not last, we shall see) Its only been one day, but I miss my crazy friends from nights. I still get to see them for about 4 1/2 hours, it's just not enough! I have terrible separation anxiety. Not really, I just hate missing out on the good stuff! Like tonight, I had to leave a trauma! Very few would find this exciting, but when you work where I do a trauma makes for interesting nights. And we haven't had one in while. Which in hindsight is a good thing. Its kind of like how florists think when its slow, "I wish someone would die or get married so we had something to do." Yes I have thought that when I was a florist. You don't really want anyone to die, you just want business. And it just so happens that funerals are a HUGE part of a florists income. Back to my new shift: I now get off work at 7:30! What do I do with all this free time? What else, but bake. :D I wanted ice cream but that was a fail since Angie and her Hubby had already gone out for dinner. BOOOOO!!!!! So I decided to make my new fav Chocolate chip cookies. YUMMMM!!!!
As I'm baking I'm watching The Best Food Ever on TLC. And the topic for the show tonight....BODACIOUS BAKERIES! The smell of my cookies are drifting throughout my little apartment, and I'm watching this show thinking, "I can so do that!" Or more precisely, I WISH I could do that. Coming up with new flavors and things people actually want is a baffling thought to me. I try, sometimes I win, sometimes it's an epic fail! I want so badly to open a bakery! But it's going to have to go on the back burner for a while. I've decided I REALLY need to pay down some debt first, then I plan on enrolling in the Art Institute for Pastry and Baking. I've decided if I'm going to do this, then I want all the help I can get. If that means school, then so be it. This is the plan. Until then I will keep baking and sharing the good stuff with friends along the way.

1 comment:

Melanie Fiuza said...

Really you were there for the best part of the trauma!! I missed you last night too:( Keep up the baking and if its truely what you want, just keep baking!!