Like I've said before, "I have the impulse reaction of a 5 yr old". Tonight is one of those nights. Feeling a little down from a semi-bad day, I needed comfort food NOW!!!! Problem #1.....no such thing in my apartment. Solution!...I remembered that waayyyyy back in my college days at BYU-I one of my roomies ( I think Net) made this super easy peach cobbler using cake mix and canned peaches. Cake mix is overflowing in my cupboard, and I just so happened to buy canned peaches last week. Hooray! Comfort food! Problem #2....It’s been almost 6 yrs since I've had this special little treat. Though I'd like to claim my memory is amazing.....it's not. So I made it up :) Peaches in dish. Done. Half a stick of butter melted. Done. A little more than a half a pkg of white cake mix mixed with melted butter. Done. Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on peaches, top with crumbled mix. Add a bit more cinnamon on top of cake mix. Put in oven at around 350* for about 45 min (problem with good comfort food, it always takes too much time to make). Wait…Wait...And wait some more....DONE!!!!!!
It was super tasty. Even if I did make up the recipe from my less than perfect memory. Not as good as homemade mind you, and there was no vanilla ice cream, but it was still good. And my apartment smells like a dream!
1 comment:
I love peach cobbler! How is it that cooking calms you down? It really just irritates me...strange how people can be so different!
Post a Comment