November 28, 2009

Oh Baby!

Today was a day of cute little things, mile stones, & lots of cake.
It started out with a baby shower for a good friend, Heidi; she used to work with me at the hospital. I freakin LOVE this girl. And I miss working with her. But she got a WAY better job, so who could blame her for leaving? She's expecting a little boy in January. Taniesha and I went a little over board on the gift, but if you know me I don't know when to stop! Apparently Niesha doesn't know how to stop either! We were at Target and I swear everything we saw we were like, "Ok! Oh that's soooo cute, let’s get that! Well she needs one of these!" We were horrible! Neither one of us has kids so I think we were living vicariously through her. Hahahah....It was so good to see Heidi and catch up. I wish her all the best with her little one!




   The other baby of the day was my friend Melanie's baby Sam. He turned one today! I've watched this kid grow up, and he is a doll. Biggest personality in the world, I love it. Melanie asked me to make his birthday cake. And of course I said YES! All she wanted was a simple cake that he could tear apart (as tradition for the first birthday) But you know me, I have to go above and beyond. Mostly I just want to challenge myself. See how well I can do. Well Mel calls him "monkey" so naturally I decided to put a monkey on the cake. I could have done a simple little monkey head and called it good, but oh no! I had to put a monkey holding a banana on the cake! And I must say it turned out so freakin cute!!!!! Love love love this cake! Mel said I am now the cake decorator for everything. :) Well the cake lasted about 2 min before it was destroyed by little Sam. He really enjoyed it. I don't have pics of the destruction but I will post some later once Mel sends me some. Take a look at how cute this little monkey is!


And yes folks I did this free hand. :)

4 comments:

{ Lana Cox } said...

The cake is SOOOOO cute, good job!!

Melanie Fiuza said...

Yeah for Heidi! Oh yeah and that cake is still freakin awesome. I will get pictures on now as I am just finding the time to get on the computer.

raveninthewolfden said...

Cute cake! I am now a follower of your blog.. YIPPIE! LOL

raveninthewolfden said...

I just wanted to let you know that I added your blog to a link list of blogs that i follow, on my blog. thanks!