I have a crazy love for baking! Pretty sure my co-workers at the hospital have gained a minimum of 5 lbs from all the homemade Oreos I have made in the past 2 yrs. It's just so much fun making a sweet, yummy, piece of heaven.
I also have the impulse reaction of a five year old. I think it, I do it. Well at least when it comes to baking. So at around 11:30 p.m., I decided how mouth watering a chocolate cake with peanut butter cream cheese frosting would be! Come on I know your mouth is watering too.
So to my oven I flew. With powdered sugar dusting the air and the sweet aroma of chocolate filling my apartment, the anticipation of chocolate and peanut butter together made my taste buds grow! The frosting is so yummy! The chocolate cake light and fluffy. I also have the patience of a five year old; I couldn't even wait for the cake to cool completely before I had to get it out of the pan! So I wiggled and jiggled the pan till "most" of the cake came out. Never doing anything easy; a second cake was made, so a layered cake I could have! Wiggling and jiggling till "most" of it was out as well. ( I enjoyed the left over cake in the pan with some frosting. None was wasted that’s for sure ) I piped some frosting onto one layer then slapped the second layer on top. Still warm from the oven, I dirty iced it then put it in the fridge. Tomorrow I will put more frosting on it, and some chocolate crumbles that I also decided to make. Chocolate chips with just a pinch of peanut butter melted, spread on a cookie sheet, and frozen. That's pretty tasty too :)
Sometimes I wonder about my ideas. Who knows if it will come together like it was imagined. But come on, chocolate and peanut butter...hello! That is a tasty treat never to be passed up!! I’ll let you know how it all comes together. (it's late so I apologize for the Dr. Seuss-like writing in the middle)
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment