I had a ton of fun last weekend in Boise. When I got there I made Nae go out with me to get something to eat. I was starving!!! I hadn't eaten the whole drive there! We then decided that we needed to make a little snack for later. So we bought the ingredents for the ever so delightful Muddy Buddies. We were in heaven!! If you have never had them you MUST make them!!! I'm drooling just thinking about them! Well as you can see in the pic below Janae had a few issues when making them....There was powdered sugar EVERYWHERE!!! It was awesome. She didn't have a ziplock bag, so she used a Wal-mart shopping bag to coat them in the sugar. If you atempt to use this method might I suggest you check for holes in the bag.....Janae did not, hence the mess :D They were soooooooooooo good we finished that day! (we then made more on sunday. And yes we ate it all up. So yummy in our tummy!)

Later friday night Janae & I met up with Cassi and her Hubby (along with 15 or hyper teenage girls) for dinner at Fridays. We chatted for a few hours and waited for what seemed forever for our bill. Somehow they couldn't figure out how to seperate the tickets. :P I also got to meet little Creeson (Cassi's new baby!) He is sooooo stinkin cute. He is such a good baby, pretty much slept the whole way through dinner. Then there is her daughter Camorah....talk about a little spit fire!! She was all over the place. She's 3, but acts like the terrible 2's. She wanted to sit on Janae's lap the whole time. She is super cute though. Some of the things that child comes up with was too funny. She was lovin the spincih artichoke dip...which really can you blame her? It's like the best stuff ever! (next to muddy buddies of course)


Saturday led us to the Idaho State Dance and Cheer Competition. It was at the Idaho Center (and I must say for as many compitions I've gone and watched they had the best sound system. You could actually make out the words to the songs!) We arrived at 7:30 am!!! Yes I actually woke up that early (and was ready before Janae). We hung out with Cassi's dance team in the stands. They didn't have rooms to change in! They had to change in the stands behind blankets. No very well thought out in that respect. But they managed some how. We got there just in time for their first dance of the day (Military..my personal favorite when it comes to dance compitions) I can't really tell you how they did because I was watching Creeson for Cassi while she prepared her team to preform, and he was fussy! (later fixed by a binki....go figure) Watch the video below and you will see what I mean, I got about a min of their Military perfromance. :( Keep watching and you will see their way cool Prop, folowed by their Dance. I must give Cassi some kudos here, she only had 3 girls returning this year!! If any of you have been on any sort of team with all new people you know what a challenge it can be to get them all to look like they've been doing it for years. She has taught them well for sure! They did a great job.
The video below is of Tetons Dance. It was too cute. Hello they had on tu-tu's!! The beginning of the dance is too perfect for their music, it dies a bit in the middle, but gets better towards the end. Sorry Cassi, I know they were your competition, but sometimes you gotta give a shout out to cute costumes :D
After the Dance compition we had to sit and watch the cheer compition (which no offence: is not as fun as the dance competition) We didn't really watch but just sort of lingered around, ate lunch, and chit-chatted. Finally they were done and it was time for the awards. (Because it was State, schools were divided into 2A & 3A for morning performances, 4A & 5A schools were later that day.) Cassi's school was 3A (for those of you who that don't know...in Idaho that's how they classify schools for sports & such. 2A-3A are smaller schools 4A-5A are larger) Ayways....They placed 2nd in Prop, 2nd in Dance, and 3rd in Hip-Hop(they did that one on friday) All in all pretty good I'd say! The people in charge wasted no time in getting everyone out of the Idaho Center for the next round of the competition. Janae & I stuck around to watch some of the 4A-5A schools. Rigby was preforming after all and we had to see how well they did :) That's our old school. ALL (ok not all) of my friends were on the Rigby Danz team. Below is their military dance. They did pretty well I'd say. (I'm still a fan of the one my friends did our senior year. It was Freakin awesome!!!) I saw some people from my home town. Love those people, none better. We didn't stick around for the rest of the dances, but from what I saw it was a good time.
We went back to Janae's and hung out. I watched as she gave Max a bath (he was stinky). Max is Janae's MASIVE great dane. He is a funny pup. He just wants loves, and you better give them to him or he won't leave you alone. We chilled the rest of the day ate some awesome chicken her hubby made and then took a nap! Oh I love naps!!We hit up a movie at the dollar theater later that night. If you haven't seen Sherlock Holms...GO SEE IT!!! So good, can't wait till the sequal comes out. Look at the pic of max getting his bath...he looks so pissed!! I love it!
Saddly the weekend had to come to an end. I had so much fun! I love getting away and seeing my friends. Thanks Ladies for a GREAT weekend.
1 comment:
First of all that must have taken FOREVER to post but I loved every bit of it! Thanks for talking about food so much-now Im starving and am going to have to make some muddy buddies! Sounds like you had a blast. We should have an old roomate weekend and fly to Georgia:)PS. Im totally lovin your new hair color! Colors like those must mean spring is right around the corner.
Post a Comment