The apartment complex I live at was having a decorating contest where the winner would win $150!! Ok that may not sound like a lot, but hey it was something! So I set the wheels in motion and came up with doors wrapped like presents, and snow falling from the celling. I had bigger plans for decorating, but I tend to have bigger ideas than my wallet can support. But there was some creativity involeved...Glitter! need I say more? Oh and glue...what were our grade school teachers thinking when they gave us these art supplies? I mean I'm 26 and I made the biggest mess ever! I can olny imagion how big of a mess a group of 8 year olds make!! But my snowflakes came out pretty well for how impatient I was.....note to self : let glue dry before hanging from ceiling....drip drip drip. Still looked good though. The complex decided that because so many people participated this year they had to be fair. So those who did decorate got a whoppin $50 bucks off rent. really they just didn't want anybody to be upset. Oh well I wouldn't want people gettin jealous of me any way :D
Then there was the Christmas party that Angie and Matt threw. If you know Angie & I (WE ARE CRAZY!!!!) Now add like 7 more people that have humor like ours and you have one freakin sweet party!!! (and just so you know Egg Nog and Pizza are not a good mix.) We had a white elephant gift exchange, HILARIOUS!!!!! Below are the two best gifts of the bunch. It was a fight for these gifts!I There is one missing of Dan-o with the HUGE Snowy Jefferson panties. I'll see if I can get one of those to post. Prepared to be slightly offened and lose some respect for me and my friends :) But you'll probably laugh anyway and think "why didn't I think of that??!?!?!" ok now really pictures......
strip poker set
What a majestic...Bird
Now something a little nicer. I have 3 friends at work that I adore! I have worked with these girls for the past 2 years and they have been awesome! They put up with so much from me! I am pretty freakin crazy :) So I wanted to get them something for christmas that let them know how much they mean to me. So I got crafty again! Ever see those signs that have the Last name with the year they were married? I decided that I would make one of those for each of them, but I lacked a vinyl cutter so I painted their names on them. It's time to purchase a vinyl cutter tell you what! Painting is fun, but holy freakin cow! But I think they turned out rather well! I really hope they liked them.
I'll post more christmas stuff later. But I think this should suffice for now.

1 comment:
That is the funniest thing ever.. about you and the glue dripping from ceiling snow flakes! But now I have an idea to decorate our house next year if we have no snow for christmas.. we will just make our own snowflakes! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment